Welcome to the service of TapPay Payment Service Platform (the “Service”) which is developed and provided by Cherri Tech, Inc. (the “Company” or “TapPay”).
If you are unable to agree to and abide by all of the Company’s Terms, please do not use the Service. By using the Service, you acknowledge that you are aware of, understand and fully agree to the Company’s Terms and agree to the collection, processing and use of your personal information in accordance with the Policy.
Scope of Application
This Policy applies to all relevant information collected as a result of the Company’s provision of the Service as follows:
- Information that you voluntarily provide to the Company when you use the Service.
- Information about you provided to the Company by other users of the Service.
- Information collected by the Company when you use the Service.
- Personal information that the Company needs to collect in providing individual services or customized services, but the Company will state the purpose of collection on the page of such individual services and obtain your consent.
Purpose and Classification of Personal Information Collected
- The purpose of this Policy is to govern the Company's handling of personal information obtained from users. The Company collects your personal information in order to verify your identity and provide you with the Service. According to “The specific purpose and the classification of the Personal Information Protection Act”, the purpose for collecting, processing, use and storage of your personal information by the Company includes the following (Shall the code and classification change afterwards, the purpose shall be adjusted accordingly.):
059 Financial service industry’s collection and processing information in accordance with laws and needs for financial supervision
060 Financial dispute resolution
061 Financial supervision, administration and inspection
063 Collection and processing of personal information by non-governmental agency according to the law
067 Credit card, cash card, debit card or electronic value-stored card business
069 Contract, contract-like or other legal relation matters
081 Legal transaction business for personal information
090 Consumer, customer management and services
091 Consumer protection
093 Property insurance
098 Business and technical information
104 Account management and debt transaction business
106 Credit business
107 Procurement and supply management
129 Accounting and related services
135 Information (Communication) services
136 Information (Communication) and database management
137 Information (Communication) security and management
148 Internet shopping and other e-commerce services
150 Ancillary and logistical support management
152 Advertisement or commercial behavior administration
157 Surveys, statistics and research analysis
181 Other business as defined in the business registration or articles of incorporation
182 Other consulting and advisory services
In accordance with the aforementioned purposes for collecting personal information and the nature the Service, the types of personal information that the Company collects from you include:
- Type for identifying individuals: Name, ID number, telephone number, copies of identification documents (e.g., ID card, driver's license, health insurance card, etc.), e-mail address, contact and residence address, IP address, geographic location of the user, and other personal information that can directly or indirectly identify the user.
- Type for identifying finance: Transaction records, financial institution accounts (including photocopies of passbook covers), credit card-related information, credit reports, financial proofs, electronic invoicing information, uniform number information, and financial information required by the Company for providing the Service.
- Others: Information about your browsing activities on the Service. However, this information is only used for risk management analysis, traffic analysis and online behavior surveys to improve the quality of the Service. This information is only de-identified in aggregate and is not linked to specific individuals.
- When you register your personal information with TapPay to use the Service, the Company will use your personal information only to the extent necessary to provide you with the Service, including for the purpose of verifying your identity, providing you with customized services, payment services and related dispute handling, various incentives, advertising, marketing, market research, fraud avoidance, malware prevention and other operational needs in connection with the business in the business registration.
- You may choose not to provide your personal information to TapPay, but if you do not provide your personal information as required by the Service, you may not be able to use all or part of the Service.
- All your personal information will be stored by the Company appropriately. When you use the Service, the Company will provide your personal information to the credit card acquiring bank, the issuing bank of the payment credit card, and other parties who need to know your personal information in order to provide the Service to you in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Act and this Policy. Except under special circumstances (see “Use of Personal Information” below), the Company will not disclose your personal information to other third parties.
- When you use the Service, to ensure the security of your personal information and mobile payment transactions, please do not use any mobile device with “Root access” or “Jailbreak (JB)”.
Security of Personal Information
- For personal information or credit card information collected by the Company, the Company will take relevant information security measures in accordance with the law, such as data transmission through TLS (Transport Layer Security) encryption mechanism (256bit) to protect the security of your personal information.
- Our database is equipped with various information security measures such as firewall, anti-virus, etc. to protect the security of users' personal information in operation procedures and technical aspects and personal education and training, etc. of the Company’s staff. At the same time, all relevant processing personnel have signed confidentiality contracts. The company will require that only employees who must have access to your personal information for business purposes are authorized to have access to your personal information to ensure your privacy.
Use of Personal Information
The Company will only disclose your personal information, billing information or other information to our affiliates (including domestic and foreign subsidiaries or branches) and third parties entrusted to handle business-related matters (for example, domestic and foreign partner stores, credit card acquiring banks, payment credit card issuing banks, etc.) to the extent necessary for the provision of the Service. However, the fore-part of the Paragraph shall not apply to the following circumstances:
- With your express prior authorization.
- As required by law, or by order or request of a judicial or other relevant governmental authority.
- To protect the security of the Service or the legitimate interests of the Company and affiliates.
- To protect the legitimate rights and interests of other users of the Services or other third parties.
- To maintain the normal operation of the Service.
You may exercise the following rights to the Company by providing documents including identification information, etc.:
- To access or request access to your personal information.
- To request a copy of your personal information.
- To request to supplement or correct your personal information.
- To stop collecting, processing or using your personal information.
- To request the deletion of your personal data.
- When you request such inquiries or access to personal information or make copies, the Company may, at its discretion, charge a necessary cost of fifty dollars (NT$50) per item. However, the Company may not comply with your request due to legal requirements or your failure to comply with the Company's application procedures.
The Company will collect, process and use your personal data at the Company's location and in the area where the Service is provided during the following periods:
- During the period of your ongoing use of the Service.
- For the period necessary to fulfill the purposes for which your personal information is collected under this Policy.
- For the period required to comply with the relevant laws and regulations.
- If the Service involves the international transfer of personal information, the Company will do so only to the recipient of the international transfer of personal information that is not restricted by competent authorities, provided that the security of your personal information is adequately ensured and not prohibited by law.
Amendment to the Policy and Personal Information Collection Notice
The Company reserves the right to amend this Policy. Please pay close attention to the amendments to this Policy. Amendments to this Policy will be posted at the appropriate location on the Company's website and will be effective from the time of posting. You will be deemed to have agreed to the latest version of this Policy when you click the agree button or continue to use the Service after the amended Policy becomes effective.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
The interpretation, supplement and application of the Policy shall be governed by the laws of the Republic of China (Taiwan). In the event of any dispute arising from this policy, the Company and you shall use the best efforts to resolve it through consultation. The Taiwan Taipei District Court shall be the court of first instance in case of litigation arising from this Policy.
Questions and Suggestions
The Company value the protection of your personal information and privacy. If you have any questions or suggestions, or wish to exercise your rights related to personal information, please contact the Company through the Company’s customer service E-mailbox (email@example.com), and the Company will do its best to assist you.